Making your potential buyers feel that your home is theirs is SO important! Depersonalizing your home before showings allow them to walk-in and visualize themselves living there. IF your individual
Make it Squeaky clean!
A clean home is a dream home! If buyers come to view your home and it is dirty, they will be distracted from its full potential. If you don’t make enough of an effort to tidy your home before buyers see it, you risk getting lower offers than what you may truly want out of your home. Some cleaning tips you can follow to get your home in order:
- Washing your windows
- Clean your floors
- Polish furniture
- Vacuum and shampoo rugs throughout your home
- Put away shoes, coats etc in the entry hallway as this is the first place buyers walkthrough
- The kitchen should have all the dishes put away and counters wiped off. It’s best to hide your sponges and cleaning products under the sink as well.
- Bathrooms are the most important and often missed! Scrub down your tub and shower and make sure your tile grout is spotless. (buying a new shower curtain and towel or two are also a great touch to really make an impression)
- Don’t forget to clean those pesky fingerprints and unknown marks on the walls as well!
- Most importantly make sure your house smells good! No one wants to be welcomed into a home with a bad odor.
When buyers walk into a clean house compared to a messy house their reactions are completely different. Cleaning is just one of the many ways you can guarantee a positive first impression!
For more tips on how to maximize your profits, Call Afroditi Aguilar at 619.964.7717.
Afroditi Krozos-Aguilar is the Lead Buyer Agent for the Dean Aguilar Group. Afroditi possesses an unparalleled work ethic and energy that has earned her the respect of clients and colleagues alike. Sh....